Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tumult on the Radio

Though I work mainly at home, I do drive to our Boston office weekly. It's nice to have a reason to Listerine and take off my slippers, and I basically walk into a day full of edit planning meetings. But it's about a two-hour drive (sans snow, which adds another 1.5), and so I listen to This American Life and RadioLab. (If you've not heard the latter obscure sciencey podcast, download immediately and pass along to Todd Evans and any other broadcast major you know. It's the sort of work that makes me wish double-majoring in the J School wasn't verboten.)

Anyway, TAL episode 344 (The Competition) had a real J-Law flavor to it that will make for a nice ride to your great aunt's boyfriend's daughter's house over the holidays. Specifically, listen to Act Two: The Race for Second Place (although Act 1 will make you reconsider when you last laughed off a human rights canvasser).

No comments: