Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Blogroll.

Before you send that passive-aggressive email to one of your co-staffers, read this. According to neuroscientists: polite face-to-face exchanges, 1; email bullying, 0.

Also, the J-School Confidential series on Mediabistro.com is a solid look at what's up with the folks who'll be vying for your (and my) job someday soon.

I take my toast in the morning with the NYTimes.com, Mediabistro, and Celebrity Baby Blog. (Shut up, it's my job.) And whatever got caught in my Google Reader. Alummies, etc.: share it.

2 comments:

rachel. said...

my blogroll is embarassingly long (and time consuming).

but, here are musts:

*nytimes.com

*bbc.com (ok, those aren't blogs, but i read them every morning)

*designsponge.com (seriously, it's a drug, and now it's fully searchable and even more wonderful! thank god i can count it as work.)

*papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com (nytimes book blog)

*thesuperficial.com (you do it, too)

*ultrapdx.com (probably portland's best blog)

*treehugger.com (can also claim this as work. thank you, portland!)

*overheardinnewyork.com (another guilty pleasure)

*and a few friends' blogs.

anyone else?

Julie said...

I second pretty much everything Rachel just listed. NY Times, yes. Designsponge, yes. Treehugger, of course. Plus Grist. And The Des Moines Register for a taste of the local news. I read Romanesko daily to stay up on what's happening in the rest of the journalism world too.

And (shameless self promotion) The Home Know-It-All (www.thehomeknowitall.com).